16 July, 2015

Ireland "home is where the heart is"

Ireland “home is where the heart is”

As I close my eyes I can see the Ireland's bright green rolling hills, I can feel the wind carrying me across the land and I can still hear the waves crashing upon the cliffs. This is Ireland the land that lies deep in me, the land that touches my soul like no other place I have ever traveled.

Ireland is everything they say it is and more. In May, 2015 Spirit Tours took a group of pilgrims to the land of our family ancestors. During this journey I was once again reminded that “home” does not always have to be where you were born, it may just be “where the heart is”. Not only was the land unlike anything I have ever seen, the people had an unexplainable joy to them that touched my inner soul.

On this journey we learned about Celtic Spirituality and how it is deeply rooted in the land that we walk upon. I was taught that by writing poetry you might free your mind of worry and sorrow while all along bringing new joy into your life. This pilgrimage brought me back to a place I had forgotten about, a place of innocence, dreams and playfulness. I am counting the days until I return to the coast of Ireland where I can hear the music of the people, see the beauty of the land and walk on the green grass of my ancestors.

Have you ever felt this passionate about a place that wasn't considered "your home"?
Love,

Gitana Omi
Tour Guide

If you like this blog you may enjoy:
Spirit Tours: The Faces of Spirit Tours
Spirit Tours: My Trip to Cambodia
Spirit Tours: The Itch to Travel




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts